In the twentieth century, the discovery associated with this vitamin has twice been awarded the Nobel Prize, but his research continues intensively nowadays. From the viewpoint of biochemistry – a family of related compounds with biological activity it has L-shape. With an alkali or alkaline earth metal it chelates form- magnesium ascorbate, calcium ascorbate, potassium ascorbate. These forms do not irritate the gastric mucosa. In humans, vitamin C is not synthesized. Geneticists believe that the man has lost this ability in the process of evolution. So all the necessary amount of vitamin C should be ingested with natural products or food additives, better natural origin. This is very important, as it participates in a great number of biochemical processes, and in some plays a key role. Here are some of them:
- involved in the metabolism of cholesterol;
- activates a number of enzymes;
- improves iron absorption;
- involved in the exchange and transformation of vitamin D;
- regulates carbohydrate metabolism;
- activates some receptors;
- involved in the metabolism of folic acid, adjusting the levels of homocysteine;
- participates in the detoxification of the body;
- it has an impact on hemodynamics and emotional sphere;
- influences the metabolism of tyrosine and thereby exchange thyroid hormones;
- affects the hormonal metabolism;
- involved in the synthesis of collagen and stabilizes the matrix of connective tissue, thereby preserving the youthfulness of the skin;
- it stimulates phagocytosis, thereby strengthening the immune system;
- in children and adolescents stimulates the maturation of collagen and elastin to form a support layer of the skin, ligaments and tendons, as, for example, effective prevention of myopia, scoliosis, complications of acne;
- it affects the formation of the menstrual cycle in girls and young women in the follicular phase of the disease;
- for young men enough vitamin C is a factor in fertility, affecting sperm quality and sperm locomotor activity;
- a combination of vitamin C with bioflavonoids provides the vascular protective effect, potentiates detoxification of carcinogens;
- chelated form of calcium ascorbate and magnesium reduces the bronchoconstriction;
- vitamin C and L-lysine reduces the incidence and severity of herpes;
- concomitant use of vitamin C, glutathione activates enzymes low activity which is associated with early aging, diabetes, neurodegeneration;
- a combination of vitamin C, glutathione and cysteine -classical potentiates the antioxidant combination;
- vitamin C improves the efficiency of antihypertensive drugs in patients with hypertension;
- vitamin C increases the effectiveness of antibiotics in treating helicobacter pylori;
- vitamin C potentiates the cardioprotective effect of D-ribose, adenosine and ATP synthesis, particularly ischemia.
Thus, vitamin C enhances immunity, helps the nervous system, stimulates the endocrine glands, improves liver function, helping to detoxify the body.
Vitamin C deficiency often occurs and is manifested by nonspecific symptoms:
- decrease in mental and physical performance;
- lethargy, weakness;
- reduction of immunities frequent colds, influenza;
- sleep disorders, depression;
- bleeding gums;
- dry skin, appearance of wrinkles.
Vitamin deficiency – a complete lack of vitamin C in the diet today is rare, but the lack of hypovitaminosis – part – much more than we imagine. The main cause of hypovitaminosis C is associated with poor diet:
- improper cooking products;
- lack of nutritional vegetables and fruits;
- the use of low-quality fruits and vegetables, too exposed to long-term storage.
It can be caused by vitamin deficiencies and surgical interventions, chronic infectious diseases, stress, heavy physical work.
Vitamin C is found primarily in vegetable products – fruits and vegetables. Dietary Reference Intakes for adults 70 mg per day, and the upper limit of 700 mg per day. Science continues to explore and discover new properties of vitamin C, and we will use his multi-faceted health and aesthetic effects, recommending to take it in the various vitamin and mineral complexes – MAGNUM C, DETOX PLUS, VITABALANCE 2000, CALCIUM COMPLEX.